A hearty thanks and immense love to all of you. Now that we have gone through the first 5 days of meditation (https://lovetravel.co.in/2017/11/14/learn-meditation-step-by-step-day-1-5/) , we take a step more to come closer to our Being and our inner Self.
Before we take the next leap, we take a small look back to the 5 days.
- So why the first 5 days of just letting your thoughts come ?
- For beginners and people who are trying to get into meditation practice, the urgency and importance of doing meditation should be crystal clear. Lot of people fail to continue meditation for many reasons, one being thinking that its not time for them to start meditation OR they don’t understand the urgency to start doing it. By just sitting quietly or meditating without much trying, people just cannot concentrate or get confused. They could see the chaos or plethora of thoughts thats running in their mind – and Yes this is a clear understanding(should be) to start meditation.
- Another reasons for people to not do meditation is because they are impatient. The first 5 days is primarily to make you sit everyday. This is majorly to build the patience that is needed to even try to start meditation. A regular routine is a MUST for any practitioner to get the benefits of meditation.
- For beginners or people who have never tried meditation, using imagination, thinking something beautiful or even just sitting with closed eyes prepares one(mind) for something new.
- The first 5 days is to make your body, mind and you getting atuned to a new practice.
- And the feedbacks and discussion was designed to help all. Its more like a warm up for all for the real game. And i hope we all are there.
Now that we all have seen what and how much of thoughts is carried inside the mind, we begin with a routine which will help us to reduce the thoughts that keep coming and eventually calm the mind to completely be in Bliss of the moment/s and receive the blessings of this Universe and Cosmos.
SITTING POSITION :
The first one is ideal as it creates better energy circle around you else second position showed above is also good. No matter which one – you should be comfortable.
- As soon as you open your eyes at morning, don’t rush for anything. Be in your lying position and just slowly inhale and exhale. May be a quick short time to feel the early breaths.
- START the day with POSITIVE NOTE. SAY GOOD WORDS TO YOURSELF.
- Get fresh and prepare to sit for your meditation time.
- Put on a very light and peaceful music (youtube has many) OR sit in complete silence.
- Sit straight and comfortably with a straight spine. Close your eyes and make your body be completely relaxed. Ask your body and mind to lose and give away any tension it carries.
- Take some deep breath(3-4) before normalizing your breath. As you settle to your normal breathing pace – keep your attention and focus on your breathing.
- As you breathe further – breathe effortlessly – feel the flow of the cool of your breath as u inhale and feel it as you exhale it. Realize that you are in no rush and slowly and gently do the breathing.
- As you move into more peaceful breathing, sense the awareness of your mind relaxing.
- Do not control or create any expectation while you are in the process, just breathe naturally.
- Use your abdomen to breathe in and out(gently). With every breath in, feel the gush of air that u inhale. With every breathe out, feel an emptiness of space in the abdomen (do not push or try if it doesn’t feel so).
- ANYTIME, if thoughts pop up or mind wanders – just put your focus and attention back to your breathing and continue doing so.
- Sit for between 15 mins to 30 mins, even more if possible(do not push).
— Before you sleep at night, again do a small quick breathing and feel your breath as you fall into sleep.
— During the entire day of doing, pause when ever and where ever possible to just feel your breath. Even a 1 or a 2 is good. Give 100% to whatever you do – even the most mundane of task(focus on breathing). Share the difference if any.
MEDITATION and The INNER JOURNEY IS ANOTHER UNIVERSE. THE MORE YOU GO DEEP THE MORE YOU GET SURPRISED.
30 days minimum of regular practice and the difference will be felt. Hence forth you will take the dive all alone, on your own TO EXPLORE THE INNER YOU – Just don’t create any expectation.
We go head with the feedbacks and discussion similar to the first 5 days.