We all know the benefits that meditation carries. This one tool has been working beautifully and effortlessly since ages – as long back as 3000 BCE. The best part about meditation is that – it has no side affects – all that it has is benefits and benefits. Various aspects of meditation helps us relieve mental as well as physical pain and also helps us cope up with lot of ailments.
As I say, knowledge is ample today – everywhere – what at large people miss is the understanding. Knowledge without understanding is like a car without wheels – you could sit inside the body, play with the steering, listen to music – but the very intent of being in a car is lost.
So before we start meditation – its really important to understand – What meditation is ? What happens in the process ? How to get utmost benefit from meditation ?
- What is Meditation ? — Meditation is a tool, a practice that helps us calm our mind. It is a device that helps us to clear the chaos in our mind that is developed over years – due to external agencies – happenings, past, experiences and also to clear the chaos that is created because of future events – expectations, lot of plannings, desires. In a sense it is tool that brings you closer to your present – it brings you to your NOW – Your ONLY TRUE MOMENT. Meditation is a science that helps us better understand the two amazingly super powerful tools – MIND & BODY . Our entire world is an expression of this body and mind and understanding this helps us create experiences that are exactly or even nearer to what we want. Meditation is NOT about disconnecting its about Connecting. The process talks about disconnecting in many places – it is only to connect again. Meditation is the gateway to go WITHIN.
- What happens in the process ? — There are various ways and techniques to meditate. All eventually leading to the one and the same happenings – cleansing mind & body, understanding the connect between – mind, body and soul and preparing to get a tuned to the natural (effortless) flow of the Universe.
- How to get utmost benefit from meditation ? — A very crucial and IMPORTANT question. Though the practice or techniques of meditation seems very easy to do – it REALLY ISN’T that easy. To receive an utmost benefit of meditation remember the following points ( sacrosanct) :
- SET CLEAR INTENTION/s – Understand why you want to meditate ? What is that you are looking to add into your life through meditation ? Keep recalling these intentions again and again.
- BE DISCIPLINED – Lot of people fail because they cannot or does not bring meditation into a routine, disciplined act. A discipline is a MUST MUST MUST . Once it gets into your routine life – its just a few moments of conscious peace that you practice everyday – Its all that easy and soothing. MAKE IT A HABIT.
- REFLECTION – Always take small bit of time to reflect onto your meditative time. Best is to have a journal to write about your experience/s. Notice and realize your own experience (What it is doesn’t matter). DO NOT REACT, just let it flow.
NOTE : Sleeping is an unconscious meditation. Creative work is an unconscious meditation. Relaxing is an unconscious meditation. All these moments heals us, makes us joyous and happy – Imagine what experiences could happen when we CONSCIOUSLY MEDITATE. And even more, imagine what transformation could be brought to the world if its done Collectively !!
ALL MY ENERGIES AND LOVE TO YOU !!