Most of us love driving, may be not in the traffic of the city, but on the highways. I am a hard core lover to driving. Most of day i spent on the roads – in my car. Being in love with the highways every now and then i tend to take small road trip away from the hustle bustle of the city crowd. It not only gives me my time but also works to keep me motivated, fresh and energized. The short drives has given more to me than just a small road trip.
I have been in Pune for 10+ years now. The best part of this city is that it is so well connected to all near by places by roads and also that there is enough for one to explore on the outskirts of the city . Driving around Pune could be one of the best thing one could do. Be it on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, or the Pune – Banglore highway or all the trek destinations near Pune – its just too much fun here. For who really want to enjoy small road trips near Pune, here is a list of places you could head to –
- Tamini Ghat – A 2 hours drive from Pune, this place is a must during the monsoon. The entire trip from Chandini Chowk – Pigrangut – Mulsi – Tamini to the ghat is filled with amazing scenic beauty and mesmerizing weather.
- NDA road – Just adjacent to the city (Kothrud) one could drive to the least crowded road within the city towards Garden Court restaurant.
- Lonavala – Drive through the old Pune-Mumbai highway to the famous lions point in lonavala and beyond. Its beauty and beauty all around.
- Saswad – Exactly opposite to the Lonavala highways, this place is on the hilly side of Pune. Drive to the top and see the entire city lighting .
- Lavasa – hit the roads to Lavasa for an amazing drive experience.
- Panshet – A right on the Pune – Blore highway towards the khadakwasla .
- Malshej – I call it the land of waterfalls. A drive to a paradise.
- Purandar – from kondva to saswad-bopdev pune road
- Khopoli – exit the expressway to get on the roads of Khopoli
- Dehu gaon – From pimpri drive towards Pune gate resto. A right through the army area to Dehu road towards Dehu gaon. Enjoy villages and farms on your drive way.
For all the drives mentioned above – there is no destination as such….one who loves driving could go as far as one wants to before making the u turn. Every km is worth exploring 🙂 🙂
SAFE DRIVING !!