In today’s world with so much pollution, rush, and chemically abused food intake, its very difficult to keep your energy levels high all the time. Fatigue takes over us more frequently than ever. This happens for various reasons – untimely sleep, junk food intake, too much of alcohol intake, worry, tension and less or no exercise. Forget about multitasking, most of us fail to keep those energy levels high for our daily tasks. Many in their daily rush of work and family engagement fail to understand the importance of keeping their energies intact. Lack of energies results in irritation with people and work around, it results in under performance, it results in non creativity, it results in sluggishness and many a times it could also lead to depression and demotivation .
People really fail to acknowledge a fact that if their energy levels are high, they could do wonders in all fields of their life. People who are making wonders – are people with very high energy levels and they work hard to keep this energy level intact – as much as they could.
All those morning exercise, yoga, meditation, eating good, sleeping well, even talking good and positive are tools that keeps those successful ( not rich ) people – healthy and wealthy. All that and more, does more than just physical and mental – it helps keep the energies building up to keep up with the daily routine and work. If we all inculcate few very simple habits in our daily routine, we could definitely see the difference. You could feel the difference in spirit with which you play your day.
- Eat healthy: This is most important. Our body needs to be taken care of. Eating healthy makes our inside as well as outside strong. Try to have as much natural food intake as possible. Anything that is unnatural will have a negative effect and lowers the energy. Avoid all packaged food and snacks – as far as possible.
- Exercise: Any form of exercise is helpful to keep those muscles happy. Stretching, yoga, some jumping around or playing some outdoor games is very beneficiary.
- Quit smoking. Quit alcohol: Smoking and alcohol kills one’s stamina and so affects the over all energy levels. Very occasional drinks and that too in small quantity, incase desirable is OK. Until you want to be a fitness freak .
- Meditation: One of my favorite and must do’s on the list. Meditation is one such formula that can have multiple benefits – mental and physical. It empowers you from within and the goodies is a long list. http://www.emmaseppala.com/10-science-based-reasons-start-meditating-today-infographic/#.WOvuuUWGPIU
- Dance: Yes, this is one thing that would not only make you move, but it also brings in cheer, improves balance and spatial awareness and much more. Dance even when you don’t know to dance. http://www.everydayhealth.com/fitness-pictures/health-benefits-of-dance.aspx
- Walk: Brisk walking at a park has its own perks. Walk barefooted and connect with the earth below. Feel the energies that you receive.
- Connect with nature: Nature is not only supportive to our life, it also helps us relax. One thing that can help get your mind back into gear is exposing it to restorative environments, which, research has found, generally means the great outdoors. One study found that people’s mental energy bounced back even when they just looked at pictures of nature. (Pictures of city scenes had no such effect.) Studies have also found that natural beauty can elicit feelings of awe, which is one of the surest ways to experience a mental boost.
- Get connected to people : Talk to people who appreciate your work and you – This is a booster. Spend time with people who make you feel good. Good words and appreciation helps keep your spirits high for life.
- Smile, Laugh, Giggle: Keep your childhood alive till the end of life. Smile, laugh and giggle as much as possible. Happy people tend to be more energetic and life will always have a lot of reason to smile and laugh.
- Listen to music: Music is magic. Music can sooth, music could energize, music could relax, music could make your feel better – so keep it on. Hear music that you feel gives power and motivation.
- Do things that you love: Nothing could beat this one. Anything that you love doing and are passionate about rejuvenates your soul.